New attractions and restaurants provide even more ways to host unforgettable events in Orlando’s convention district.
Orlando’s famed International Drive (aka, I-Drive) is home to one-of-a-kind attractions and acclaimed restaurants that are the perfect setting for a memorable meeting or event, right in the heart of the convention district. I-Drive just got better with the addition of amazing new restaurants, racing, high-tech golfing and even indoor skydiving. Here are five brand-new reasons to head to I-Drive for your next event.
1. Andretti Indoor Karting & Games: Spearheaded by iconic racer Mario Andretti, this attraction is as notable for its impressive event capabilities as it is for its signature indoor racing. With 10,000 square feet of flexible meeting and event space, it can handle company outings, off-site meetings and team-building activities. They also offer a full suite of A/V equipment, free Wi-Fi, special menus, custom-themed décor, and early opening and late closing.
Furthermore, Andretti’s SODI RTX Supercarts and three-story, banked tracks – one of the largest in the country - are a great way for your attendees to unwind, have fun and get the creative juices flowing. Other entertainment options include:
- Extreme Ropes Course and Curved-Rail Zip Line
- Two-Level Laser Tag
- Six Virtual Reality Racing Simulators
- 12 Lanes of Boutique Bowling
- 12-Seat 7D HD “Dark Ride” Motion Theater
- Over 120 arcade and prize games
- More than 100 HD TVs for sports viewing
Last but not least, the facility hosts one full restaurant and two bars. The in-house Andretti Grill is a from-scratch, full-service restaurant and bar with a wood-fired brick pizza oven and a range of gourmet fare. Upstairs, the Sky Bar features a wall-to-wall, LED-illuminated domed roof and views of the action on the tracks and in the arcade. Custom event menus are also available.
2. iFly Orlando Indoor Skydiving: Offering meeting space and extraordinary entertainment, this is a great venue for team-building, holiday parties and client events. Thanks to the attraction’s vertical, wind-tunnel technology, your guests can float on a wall-to-wall cushion of air, delivering the experience of skydiving without having to jump out of a plane.
What’s more, customizable packages cover everything from catering to transportation, including the use of a fully equipped conference room, hands-on assistance from a flight instructor and personalized flight certificates for each attendee.
3. Topgolf Orlando: This attraction boasts three floors of customizable meeting space that can host everything from small get-togethers to events with as many as 1,000 guests. Throw in a chef-driven food and drink menu, plus their featured point-scoring system with proven appeal to golfers and nongolfers alike, and it’s easy to see why so many event and meeting planners are choosing Topgolf as their go-to venue.
Topgolf has five different meeting options, which can be combined as needed to create the perfect footprint for groups of all sizes. Furthermore, everything on the chef-driven food and drink menu can be delivered directly to your meeting space or driving bay. Featuring an HD TV and music options, the venue’s 102 driving bays are also climate-controlled, so no matter what the weather’s like, your guests will be comfortable and enjoy the fresh air.
4. Pio Pio Restaurant: Although this restaurant has been part of Orlando’s dining landscape for years, it’s moved to a larger, more beautiful location just off International Drive that features significantly more space for events and private parties. The eatery offers a wide range of traditional Latin fare, with rotisserie chicken being their specialty.
5. Uncle Julio’s Mexican Restaurant: If you’re looking for a flavorful location for your next group outing, this restaurant’s private party rooms and custom menu options have you covered. In addition to traditional Mexican favorites, the eatery’s authentic all-scratch menu also has a show-stopping dessert that’s sure to stick in your guests’ memory for a long time to come: the Chocolate Piñata!
These five new attractions are just the start of all the unforgettable meeting and event venues that are available along International Drive in the heart of the convention district. Contact us to find an amazing meeting or event location for your next conference.